Thursday, July 31, 2008

smile like you mean it.

So, already, I have a feeling this will be a veryyy random post. (: so first off, i just killed an ant. and i feel sorta bad. because first i accidentally squished one of its legs, and it kept going. It just kept going, trying to get away from me. and it made me wonder. How much do ants really find their lives worth living? Seriously, no one cares about them. Yet, ants work hard to have a place to live and they all work together. And they seem to get along much better than real humans. I mean, ants will go back to pick up a dead ant's body even while they're in danger of being killed. How many people can you find that will willingly do that? and like, what if there was some greater thing that just decided randomly to squish our legs or are heads or just kill us in general. and they thought we didn't care? what if this greater thing didn't even care that they were hurting us? then, you know what? they'd be just like us. Because we kill ants and bugs and even dogs and cats and pandas and stuff all the time, even if we're not trying. but i still can't give up meat, sorry. x)

and you know. my doggy ran outside like ten minutes ago. and my parents didn't do a single thing about it. they just sat on the freaking bench in front of our house. -_- i know my dog would just run away if i tried to go get him, so i had to call adrian down to help me get him. and like, every single freaking time he runs outside, i tear up. because i don't want him to run away or get run over or get stolen or die for something as stupid as my parents leaving the front door open. and they freaking always threaten to give him away if i don't do something to their liking. Like seriously, take anything else away, just not my dog. my living, breathing, loving dog. that's like telling a parent you're going to take their child away if they don't keep the kid clean. -_- stupid huh? and i know it's not really to that degree, since frosty's a dog. but i've had him five years almost. i can't just give him away like it's no big deal. and it kills me because i KNOWW my parents like frosty, a lot! and so do adrian and danny. but when it comes to finding some way to get me to do stuff, they always do this. they're threatening to give away something they love just to make me their perfect child who's obedient. (and i know it seems i'm being melodramatic, and i'm sorry.)

also. i've realized that i sorta do post a lotta like. not happy stuff. and stuff that doesn't sound like me. But i think it's because this is my outlet. i can be myself in a way that i can't be around people i know. and i know only a few people will read it, and it's much faster than writing in a journal. and my journal does have its fair share of not so happy topics. x) and like, this is comforting to me. something about being able to tell the world everything, yet have so few people actually know, it's sorta a cool feeling. and it really helps me out. this blog, and my journal, and once in a while ranting on the phone to a few trusted friends for a few hours really does help keep me sane. (:

and recently, i also noticed i'm much more readable than i thought. at least to some people. there are these people, two in particular (not the two you would think), and one just recently, that always notice when i'm sort of down or sad or in a very deep-thinking mood. and they ask me. they actually ask me! what's wrong with me and if i wanna talk about anything. and they don't give up on me that easily. sure, they still let me go without me actually saying anything important, but at least they try. (: and it's reassuring. and also, this other person, i've opened up to a lot. and i haven't talked to that person in a while, but she's one of the few people who was actually able to make me like tear up and tell about all this stuff. and that was really nice too. (: ahah by the end of this summer, i'll have ranted myself out and told everyone enough about my life that i'll be so opened up to people by the time school starts. ahaha. so sorry if i randomly go up to you and tell you that the day before my life sucked. x) it's possible.

seee. this is a relatively happy post, right? BREAKING DAWN freaking comes out tomorroww! i'm going to the border's pre-release party, and gonna get the book from sam's club probably. then kelsea's gonna sleep over since it ends late, and i bet we're just gonna read the whole time. we're not gonna talk or anything. ahah. and reading is another outlet for me too. (: i wish i could have a cool outlet like drawing or something though. but nope. i can't draw if my life depended on it. x) ahah. but yeaah. reading is amazing to me. so if you are ever in need of a gift for me, give me a Borders gift card. (:

ohhh next time. i needa tell about my off-and-on quince and alsoo palm spring(s) vacation(s). (: just a reminder to myself. seee. this wasn't such a deep post, huh?

4 comments:

ali- said...

daaang i love your posts. they're so beautiful. (:

shivanti. said...

agree with alice!

man i wanna see frosty!a dog named frosty seems erally cute.
& lucky you have a dog; my dad said he was "allergic" and i got a fish(which will never die btw)-.-

& i am an ant serial killer. i have like 213218392838 methods of killing them; becayse theres like an anthill near my house or something cause they always come inside... but anyways; its kinda sad; but i prefer to use vinegar and paint a square around them. except. its kinda awkward because you watch them suffer. but when it dries they come and attack.

okay this is weird because i can hear myself typing and i usually have music on but then its too late soo yeahh.

you guys get to get breaking dawn early (Well party people) x) lucky! man you'll get to find out that JACOB really does get bella ;) and i think i'll do the breaking dawn sams club thing too b/c i dont have time x)[going to yellowstone tommorow] & i was reading new moon while brushing my teeth except i kinda dropped it in the sink so now its all eewy. -.- but you didn't need to know that x)

but i think its really cool how you're taking this blog to your advantage; like making it an outlet for your feelings. & i also like how you make your posts (like the ants) so detailed and its kinda like something you'd want to read because its soo detailed x)

but anyways;
hope your having a good summer marissa!

Michelle said...

HAHAH shivvy i have 5 fish. sooooo you're better off than i am. cause they cost so much water/food/electricity for the filter. D:

use a mirror to kill ants! oh what fun. it's so sad how some people (like me.. :[ ) feel reassured when we kill bugs. bleh.

i wish i could read. but i have no new books and everything in my room's been read like 10238471208943 times. and i don't like the library. and im not allowed to go to borders. boohoo.

Michele ^-^ said...

I agree with Alcie too. (:

And I completely feel the same way about the whole first paragraph. I've thought stuff like that too...and still can't give up meat either. XP